Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The theory of urgency is also a theory of relativity

Just a short note before heading up the road for Portland this morning. I've been totally removed from "news" these past couple of days, save for an occasional glimpse of Chevron Oil Tanker condoleezza rice playing at "diplomacy" in the middle east.

Urgency is a relative term when it comes to stopping the violence there. My sense of urgency is obviously much more urgent than rice's urgency. But if I could, I would put her, Bush, Cheney and the rest of these bastards beneath Israeli bombs (of which one in every five dropped is purchased by the United States!) and Hezbollah rockets. To give them a chance to get their bodies burnt, battered and broken. And I'd include their family members as well.

But thankfully I don't have that power because, if I did, my sense of urgency would probably be more in line with our own Chevron Oil Tanker's, i.e., "Let 'em fry" until we can find a long-term solution.

And to make the irony even more delicious, I like to imagine if condoleezza rice was under that exploding ordnance, her sense of urgency would likely be more aligned with mine at present, i.e., desperately urgent. But it isn't, which makes this all relatively irrelevant. Save for the victims of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your wonderful circular Rx logic, dada! good medicine for all would-be warmongers: get these movers & shakers directly under where things are really moving & shaking so they can feel reality (which is god-awfully bloody red right now).

ps, when driving around Portland, tune into 620AM KPOJ Progressive Talk Radio. You'll recognize the line-up immediately. D.K.