Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Color my world...

My apologies to anyone who drops by here occasionally. Talking about the lack of photos for over a week now. As a result, the absence of color has given the blog a rather bleak look. Or maybe it's the things I've been reading. Or maybe Dada's Dally is merely mirroring U.S. reality that comes in ever maddening daily doses of some pretty heavy shit.

Has anyone else noticed the absence of those colorful photos of helmeted "red white and blue" three and four year olds playing war in real desert tan M-1 Abrams tanks pretending to slaughter brown people? Or those vivid photos purporting to show the stunning crimsons and black of beheaded American soldiers?


If you've missed them as I have since noticing the somberness of recent-just-white pages, I apologize and pledge to "return to the joy" color adds to our lives (and blogs apparently).

As I noted during dinner with friends last eve, "I love people. It's their fucking species I can't stand." While I wondered how the hell that slipped out, I realized my growing disillusionment and disgust at the a species so hell bent on its own destruction. That wouldn't be so bad if we weren't taking everything else down with us. At least most other species eat what they kill.

So I promise to lighten up; to regain my groove. After all, if Lynne cheney, wife of our vice president "Big Dick" was impressed enough to write a children's book, America: A Patriotic Primer, and say of it, "seeing the great cities and the natural beauty of the country, meeting people from all across the land, I found myself so deeply moved, time and again. I love this country, and there is so much about it to love, and I wanted to make sure that my grandchildren—that all children—understand that."

This, as I'm pretty sure she plots with her husband just before lights out each night how the fuck they can provoke the Iranians into a shooting war that may end up escalating into a nuclear holocaust annihilating all our great cities and natural beauty of the country. Oh, and her beloved grandkids. Don't forget them. Fried black. But one has to conclude perhaps Mrs. cheney has more color in her life. Either that or she's fucking insane.

Same with Hillary, expressing a similiar love for children, who wrote It Takes a Village to Raise a Child, then voted for a war to bomb the shit out of those children laden villages. Obviously, she has more color in her life too or, like Big Dick's wife, is also fucking crazy.

Maybe I'd be more understanding if Lynn and Hillary were hungry and eating all the people they kill. Maybe bringing some color back to these pages will help me appreciate the seeming contradictions of people like these? Nah, I'm just kidding. These are obviously some very sick "mothers." (Literally.) But I will try to be more colorful in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speak of color- today's news reports big dick cheney is "saddened" by scooter libby's 30 month sentence, and $250,000 fine. Hell, that's pocket change for Hallliburton & the oil tycoons. Sounds like he's saddened that he got busted, not that he's the fall guy, or that an agent was outed. Clearly, he's not saddened by the hundreds of thousands of people killed in this oil war-- probably too busy counting the profits.
Poor, saddened dick. Boo hoo

Dada said...

OK, OK, I'm an out-of-the-loop dumb bastard who hasn't clue one why the hell we're tempting the devil to annihilate us once Cheney manages to trigger WWIII--the rewards must be beyond imagination to actually sacrifice the grandchildren you purport to love and care anything about...or else there's a nest of fucking madmen embedded on the seat of gov't. I suspect the latter--OBVIOUSLY--i.e., these are sick bastards.

(I'm--at the very moment--listening to cheney's disappointment and affirmation Libby is a man of the highest moral character.)

Psychomikeo said...

"I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more wars".
Abbie Hoffman

Dada said...

Yeh, but therin lies the conundrum. While we're trying to think of some fuckin' way out of this madness, with compulsory cannibalism, just think of the starving millions that could be saved with Hillary and Lynn donating to the hungry of the Earth what they themselves couldn't consume.

Christ, now I'm so torn by this....