Wednesday, January 25, 2006

God Bless Amy!

To my old friend against the pull out of American troops from Iraq because "we have to finish the job," I would like him to see one of Amy Goodman's segments today on "Democracy Now!"

Interviewing Ali Fadhil,a journalist for Britain's "The Guardian" newspaper, we were shown clips from his Foreign Press Association's award winning documentary of Fallujah after the U.S. seige and its near total destruction.

As I watched images of that destroyed city and bodies left rotting, people's homes and possessions reduced to rubble piles, I had to wonder to myself, "What job in hell is there left for us to do?"

God bless Amy Goodman for her coverage of this story; for giving us images showing how our tax dollars are spent. For those of you who didn't happen to see it, check later this evening. I'm sure CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN will be showing samples of the same images Amy gave us.

4 comments:

enigma4ever said...

Amy, her show, her book, her constant ongoing courage are an inspirational daily. And if I didn't have her as part of my day ...WHO knows where I would be...

( saw you came by the Enigma Cafe...well, Someone had their coffee, eh?! The Critters send their love..)

Anonymous said...

your last sentence, "I'm sure CBS, NBC ... will be showing ... same images" MUST be a hopeful effort to shame them. I'll be very surprised if it even gets a few seconds mention.

If you haven't already read it, The Guardian also has some excerpts from the great Kurt Vonnegut's new book at http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,,1691370,00.html

But be forewarned, don't go there if you're feeling at all depressed as he will totally send you over. D.K.

Dada said...

e4e....yes! I have breakfast everyday with Amy. I got to checking her current speaking tour and note she's coming to Sant Fe, NM March 1.

We drove up to see her in Taos last April. Since learning of her spring tour, we may just have to make this an annual tour.

Dada said...

D.K. Aw shucks, Anon., you caught me employing my vague sarcasm again, didn't you? (grin)