Friday, March 20, 2009

NCAA(r) March Madness(r) on Demand

(NOTE: Any new postings to Dada's will appear below this March Madness.)

I enjoy a little hoops during March Madness. While not particularly attached to any of the teams in this years tournament, I tend to root for teams west of the Rockies or the underdogs. I tried out this program yesterday and was very pleased.

NCAA(r) March Madness(r) on Demand allows you to view any game (live) you choose (free!) without the network switching you to another game because your favorite team happens to be beating their opponent by 25 points, causing you to miss the rest of that game. Similarly, if the game the network is showing you is boring because it's a rout, you have the option to move to another game of your choice. (And we wonder why commercial TV is feeling challenged by the Web?)

(If you choose to "Grab It", you will be asked to install a small Microsoft program called Silverlight, a quick, simple install.)


3 comments:

enigma4ever said...

me2....
Hoops...
much madness here..
our team Cleveland State U just beat Wake...wow....

( I always root for Gonzaga, Syracuse, UConn, and yes Villanova....never Duke)

enigma4ever said...

hey- I forgot to say thanks for educatiing us all on El Paso Border news- you and Border Explorer....finally the MSM is reporting it...

( took long enuf...)

xandtrek said...

Go ahead, have your fun. I don't know when many TV shows are on, but I do know that CSI is on Thursday at 8:00 pm. I have really enjoyed the new character by Lawrence Fishburn much more than I would have thought.

So 2 weeks in a row I actually remembered to turn on the TV and watch CBS Thursday night at 8:00 pm. And what is on? NCAA!!!! Two weeks in a row! Will it never end????