Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day: Another Rove yawner?



I wasn't going to blog today. With fingernails gone, I'm now down to gnawing off my fingers in anticipation of election day results. See, I still harbor some Pollyannish glimmer of hope there might still occur in my lifetime a quasi-honest election in this, one of the world's most farcical of all self-proclaimed "democracies."

But I just came from Enigma's Watergate Summer blog after leaving a comment. Feeling impassioned still, I'm going to just paste it here in a slightly streamlined version. (But thanks Enigma for inspiring this.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every election I vow to my wife, "That's the last fucking election I'll ever vote in." She knows I'm a damn liar. But when your Green candidate is forbidden to debate against his democratic and republican opponents, when your district's been gerrymandered so if you vote democrat and every registered democrat in your precinct votes, it doesn't fucking matter, you lose anyway, because some fucking opposition party member drew up district's boundaries so you can't win, and if it's a presidential election and your state votes a winner, the electoral college can override the vox populi and cast their votes for the loser making him the winner, voting--well--leaves a really bad fucking taste in my mouth. So, once more I went out and violated my oath and voted.

And when I returned home to my "early voted" wife I once more vowed, "That's the last fucking election I'll ever vote in." And I'm not even poor (but may be soon) Black, Hispanic or redhead. (That last one was an empathy comment for Enigma whose votes are never counted.)

And then I heard Jimmy Carter remind us this weekend why the U.S. doesn't even qualify to have observers oversee the election process: It doesn't meet, or violates, conditions necessary for fair elections.

And there, that's why I hate to vote. And I stated all my reasons without one mention of those damn, fucking Diebold, Sequoia, or ES&S voting machines which, when all else fails in procuring victory for the despots, act as a kind of kinky insurance policy.

But this has been a nice break from my task this afternoon. Back to the hard work in the backyard. See, I'm melting down my plowshares. (Thanks Meldonna for the idea. The time for votes not being counted is over.)

15 comments:

enigma4ever said...

Hey there Dada and Mrs Dada...I am so glad that you voted...I never lose Hope ( and since you know about my voting history you know that is saying something..)

I am hoping that one Cowpie after another is heaved at the King's Front Door over at the White Castle...
Fresh Coffee is on, Crispy Cremes are open- gonna be a long night...

Got that George Micheal's Song FREEDOM blaring....

Thanks for mentioning WS here- gee what an honor....

I will be updating the Blog tonight....

enigma4ever said...

BTW.....Sherrod Brown is the projected in Ohio- that would be the First turnover....Yahooo......

meldonna said...

NBC reports the mood is quite somber at 1600 Pennsylvania...laughing my ass off. To quote Bill Hicks on H.W.'s defeat in '92 "can you feel it?" I hope they are getting a little sample of the way I'VE felt for SIX STINKING YEARS!

Bottoms up for Supeona Power...it's early, but it's looking good.

And like e4e, thanks for the shout out, Da. Good to feel the love.

enigma4ever said...

Hey there folks...whoa mama- check out that Arizona race - hmm, Not a Repuke Slamdunk after all...Kyle might be biting some nails...

Just watched Mike-quivering-chin-bushhumping DeWINE give his concession speech....boohooooooo...
Oh cry me a river...NOT.

I am not a drinking woman...but if I was...
man I would be Drunk tonight......Holy Cow.....lordy...

enigma4ever said...

my one bummer....complaint...okay rant....

that fucking candy ass douche bag Libermann winning....


grrrrr....

okay ...

i am better now.

Anonymous said...

wow, i can't believe i feel this good. i'm doing the happy feet dance. hoo's got howwse? we got howwse!

good start, but this greedy piglet wants more. Webb's looking better'n'better as the night wears on. Macaca & his football need to go deep (underground). I'm hoping Montanans weren't be able to stomach staying with the biggest Ambramoff-teat-sucker in congress. Some attempted rat-f*cking going on in MO ... they "ran out of ballots" in bigger cities like Joplin?

And NOW, after 6-yrs, Mehlman & Gillespie & other GOPers want to see more bi-partisan compromise. BULLSH*T, guys! or ... here's my compromise ... we'll reach out to whoever promises to do what we want (sound familiar, you slimy bushbootlickers?).

Aren't you glad you did decide to blog today, dada? I am. Helps to vent the volcano. ~~ D.K.

enigma4ever said...

McKaskill and Webb are pulling ahead....

wow...the House and the Senate...Holy shit...
OMG......

( okay CNN is saying that they need 3 seats..but still
the house as of 11pm...)
and NO MORE DENNY...
BRING ON THE SUPOENA POWER...BRING IT ON....

meldonna said...

Don't worry, E -- I'm doing your drinkin' for you!

In da HAWWSE! That's good, deke. And we had ourselves so prepared for another letdown. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Senate now...

And I say thanks to Dada as well; glad you posted, glad you voted, and looking forward to the future, glad there's a light at the end of this nasty tunnel. Rock on, Dada-man, and Missus Dada too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Paraguay, we got a new citizen for you! He has lawyers, guns & money, a new air base for his govt plane & a couple marriagible daughters to barter. Oh & a few old chickenhawks who might be hitching along one step ahead of supoenas.

This is a good night, Mr Mrs D, enjoy it for what it is! Across the board, even in traditional red counties, people turned out to say enough of bush's war. We can work on the rest tomorrow. ~~ D.K.

azgoddess said...

glad you blogged...and voted (both of you)

i just went to sleep last nite and woke up to more peace (not enough but more)

and i 2 wish that all the parties be allowed equal representation...maybe soon, maybe soon

meldonna said...

Rummy the Dummy is HISTORY!

Anonymous said...

mel, dada's probably of two minds on rummie's release since he'll now be free to spend more time on his taos ranch. ~~ D.K.

Dada said...

Raed: You took the thoughts right out of my mouth. Why is it so often, "Glee" and "Terror"....why not more "Glee" and "Glee"?

Ah, that's alright. Better he's outta the DOD, even if it means running into him in Taos once in awhile.

Nina said...

I absolutely can't wait for your blog on the Rummsfeld resignation. Make sure to leave the link for the Q & A at Bush's press conference. The poor man sounds like he's coming completely unglued at the seams. He was sweatin' anyway.

Have a wonderful, Rummsfeld-free wednesday!

meldonna said...

But wasn't it fun seeing Shrub snarf up a big ol' platefull of CROW??? He's still trying to floss away those black feathers.

Dada, I wouldn't think you'd have to worry too much about Rummy in Taos. Trust me, he'll be heading down to the new ranch in Paraguay as soon as the investigations start.